2.01.2008

Snow day...



We had anticipated bundling up in scarves, mittens, and coats. We had visions of snow angels, snow ball fights, snow men... and waking this morning there was only one thing missing...


SNOW.


Sure, there was a puny little dusting on the ground... but not nearly enough for angels or men or fights. Nope, just enough snow and ice to cancel school. And trap us in the house. All day.


Never fear, however. My kids are the creative sort, and they had a blast. Zach went through nearly every costume in his arsenal while Tali was satisfied wearing her favorite "gown" (a bridesmaid dress her grandma wore in the '70s) and tiara all day. This naturally made her a princess... and she referred to me as Queen for about two hours. I'll take that. It was hard not to laugh out loud when I walked into the living room to find Batman and Princess T playing checkers- as though it's the most normal thing in the world. Frankly, in this house... it is!



2 comments:

Lauren said...

Love those photos! Ask Tali if I can borrow that tiara. Mine definitely broke.

Unknown said...

oh, trust me lauren... tali has a spare... ;)