2.25.2008

i DID it!

a year ago this christmas, my mom and lee got me a beautiful life application study Bible. and i absolutely love it. the only problem? it didn't come with the notes, dates, underlines and highlights of my other beloved Bible. special to me, it was a gift from my goodwill family- niv Bible complete with "smile God loves you" cover... does it get any better than that? i've wanted to transfer my notes and dates to my new Bible, but frankly, it was a daunting task.

but last night, i DID it! what an amazing walk down memory lane! seeing passages dated 1/10/05 and remembering that very day. seeing notes on rom 7:15 and feeling all over again the relief to know that paul felt this way too! knowing those words were for me. hearing God's voice in them. page by page. chapter by chapter. note by note. on the one hand, i wish i had done it a long time ago. on the other, i know that i tackled this job at just the right time.

tali saw what i was doing, and let me know in no uncertain terms that when i was "done" with my smiley face Bible, she could really use a new one. after all, she's too old for a picture Bible now. she doesn't seem to mind that it's gently used. and maybe some day, she'll find comfort knowing that her mommy heard God in that verse too.

1 comment:

Lauren said...

Thanks for the encouragement. I was just really depressed about it, so it's nice to know I'm not the only one.

Also convicting because I should shut up sometimes when I choose to speak instead.

love you.