2.04.2008

I love my job.

Not many people can say that... I love my job... today, as I packed up my files, paperwork, pens [the necessary tools of the trade] I realized that I was actually excited about the day facing me.

My job is not perfect. But it's perfect for me. It's a gift from God, tailor made for who I am, and who He wants me to be. I get to help people. I get to work from home. I get to work outside of my home. I have the opportunity to meet some of the most interesting individuals. The other day I got to spend an hour and a half visiting with an elderly lady (nearly a 100 years old!) who had been a missionary in foreign lands most of her life. Modest, independent, strong in her faith... she shared with me the stories of her life. They pay me for that! I walked from her home thanking God for this gift.

There are frustrating days. Frustrating clients. Frustrating vendors. Frustrated coworkers. There are times coming, I'm sure, that I'll wonder what kind of blessing this really is... and I'll have this blog entry to remind me of the good. The amazing people I get to meet. The sweet old lady that tears up because she knows the help you have will keep her out of a nursing home. They pay me for that! Visiting with the lonely widow who just needs a little company. They pay me for that! The freedom I have to run Tali to dance class or Zach to speech therapy. The ability to work from home when school is cancelled due to snow. In the big scheme of things, I'm not that important... but to a few I am, and I get to be there for them. Meet them at their point of need- my clients who want to be in their own homes, and my children who need their mommy's time.

God is faithful to His faithful. I don't deserve this blessing, but I'm so grateful for it. I know how lucky I am to be able to say, I love my job. And you know what else I love? The fabulous teal and brown Vera Bradley bag my sweet husband got me for Christmas.

Life is good :)

Tryin' hard to treasure it.

No comments: